What causes perianal abscess?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 17 Aug 2016 in Cancer
Question: I have a hard mass, feels like a knot at the inside if my butt cheeks. Near the anus. About 2" long and 1" wide and 1 1/2" deep. It hurts when I sit as I said feels like a solid knot/mass I have applied cold and heat doesn't seem to reduce size. May have gotten bigger as I sit all day at desk any insight on what it is
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. You require evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. The most likely reason for the mass or swelling in anal area is
1. Sebaceous cyst
2. Sentinel pile
3. Tumor.
A sebaceous cyst can be excised easily. A sentinel pile does not require any treatment. Biopsy will be needed for tumor diagnosis.
You require clinical evaluation followed by a biopsy of the lesion if required.
Please revert with the physician evaluation and biopsy report
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina