What causes painful swelling and redness in leg?
Possible muscles strained.
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
If no swelling and redness in pain area, most probably cause of your symptoms is muscles strained.
Other less possible cause may be ankle and knee joints strained, but this does not passes unnoticed.
Rest and NSAID drugs ( Ibprofen eg. if you are not allergic) for a couple of days should relieve symptoms.
If you experience back pain too in incoming days, schiatica should be evaluated as a possible cause of your symptoms.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes redness in lower leg
- What causes leg cramps and redness in leg with fever
- What causes swelling in legs with lower abdominal pain
- What causes pain and swelling in legs
- What could cause swelling redness and warm leg after artheroscopy
- Leg swelling and redness causes
- What causes my legs to be red and purple splotchy
- What causes painful reddish and swelling legs
- What is the cause of itching and redness in legs
- What causes red pores on legs