What causes pain radiating from left thumb to shoulder and tinnitus?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I was driving home after work and started having an aching pain in my left wrist, a couple inches behind my thumb in my arm. It radiates to my left shoulder. Now, the pain has settled more in the shoulder but my left fingers are numb and weak. Ears are ringing. 29, Female, prediabetic, blood sugar is fine, smoker. What is it?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can be due to cervical nerve compression.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have read your query.
wrist pain can be due to cervical spine nerve compression.
MRI spine will help in diagnosis.
Neurotropic medication like pregabalin and methylcobalamine can be started consulting your doctor.
Physiotherapy like IFT And TENS will help you.
Another possibility can be due to cardiac cause of pain. Which is less likely at your age.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us .I will be happy to answer. Take care.
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon