What causes pain inside ear, flaky tissue from ear and pain in temple?

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 17 Nov 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: my symptoms : pain from deep inside ear, very small amount og drainage from ear now and then, a few times flakey tissue like substance from ear , very bad pain from deep inside temple, small short burts of pain in area behind ear, rushes of blood to outer ear gets all reddish and warm and a array of sensory issues from swoolen feeling to creepy itchy tinkling sensations, pain in cheekbone, numbness feeling but sometimes cramps on cheek, pain behind or in the eye, pain in upper jaw teeth, swelling of the palate and sore when touching, inflammation of mucous membrane in mouth, and runny nose only left side like all the other symptoms mentioned, at the back of my throat pus a bit lumpy runs now and then in to my mouth, sometimes a headache at the top of my skull but feels like it comes form the center of my head, very very bad breath - is it infection - it has lasted for a long time and started after a series of broadspecter antibiotic treatments ( high dose and long dose of zithromax against folliculitis ) my hole lest temple region feels like it is on fire - a very strange sensation but the worst id the deep pain - it is worrying me - what is it ?
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you are having URTI with ear infection.

Detailed Answer:
I have read your query and understand your concern.

After reading your clinical history it appears that you are having upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) with ear infection .

If I were your treating Doctor for this case , I would advice you
Antiseptic chlorhexidine Mouth Wash twice daily ,
Plenty of fluids ,
Steam Inhalation twice daily, Saline nasal spray thrice daily ,
Antihistaminic levocetirizine + Montelukast combination tab at night &
analgesic Paracetemol + Ibuprofen combination twice after meal.

You will get relief with above treatment plan , discuss with your treating doctor.

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj