Can post-nasal drip cause persistent coughing and throat clearing?

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter is 12 year old and had really bad breath for about 2 months now her bad breath is gone but she has nonstop coughing/clearing throat. She has been yawning more than usual. When she coughs its not usually loud. It seems like a habit or a tickle. She also has been stretching her neck. When she falls asleep she does not cough. A week ago she had a sore throat for about a day or so and then gone. She was also hit in the face with a ball about 2 weeks ago. When she is eating the subsides. Is it post nasal drip or what else could it be?
Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
seems to be Postnasal drip

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Going by the description it seems like a postnasal drip only.

Taking some antiallergic like cetirizine (OTC) or more preferably Monteleukast+Levocetirizine (prescription based) once daily should help. If the bad breath persists it would be advisable to opt for an ENT evaluation to rule out any foreign bodies.

Let me know if I could help further.