What causes pain in the left side of the abdomen?
Try symptomatic medications first.
Welcome to HCM,
Pain over left side of stomach is likely because of acute gastritis and back pain could be related to musculo-skeletal origin,the first possibility I would think in your case.
For that,I would suggest you to try symptomatic medications first.
Take Antacids like pantoprazole 40 or rabeprazole 20 twice daily.It will help to reduce excess acid production in stomach.
You can also take digene gel or liquid or ulcero-protective agents like sucralfate if you have burning sensations in stomach.
Take over the counter pain killer like ibuprofen or Aleve for your back pain.If back pain is not severe then you can also try pain killer gel like volini gel for symptomatic relief.
Apart from medications you should also be careful with your diet.
1) eat plain foods like boiled rice and green leafy vegetables without adding spices or oil.
2) avoid oily,spicy and fast foods
3) avoid eating full stomach at a time, rather have small meals frequently.
4) drink coconut water which will help to reduce burning if you have.
If pain still persists then get an ultrasound of abdomen done to rule out renal stones.
We would expect to see some improvement within couple of days and in case if symptoms persist longer,it would be advisable to see some local physician for further evaluation.
Thanks and Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dull pain in left lower abdomen
- What causes pain in the left side of my jaw
- What causes abdominal pain on left side
- Pain on left side what could be causing this
- Pain in the left side of abdomen possible causes
- What are the causes of abdomen pain
- What causes pain in upper extreme left of the abdomen
- What causes pain in the left side of back
- What causes sharp pain in left side of skull
- What causes pain on left side under ribs