What causes pain in the back radiating to the abdomen?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Doctor, I am XXXXXXX living near Vellore XXXXXXX My wife suffers with acute pain on the right side of abdomen and at the back. She says the pain comes from the right back side and radiates to the right abdomen area (Under abdomen area). She is not able to stand up and bend without pain. Ultra sound scan of abdomen shows normal condition. Do I need to consult Orthopedic doctor or any other consultant?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As explained.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thank for your query.
I have read the history carefully and understood the concerns.
The pain looks to be originating in the back and the pain in the abdomen may be a referred one.
Please also watch for any linear skin rash as may occur in herpes. If present, you have to consult a Physician to get an appropriate treatment.
If there is no skin rash or marking, please consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for clinical evaluation, examination, investigation - MRI may be needed.

I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to give any additional history.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 4 days later
I have consulted orthopedic surgeon also who took X-ray and suggested no dislocation in lower spine. He suggested the following medicines for 7 days - 1. Robinaxol - D Tab; 2) Rabelin-D Caps; 3) Re-xite Plus caps and Physiotherapy exercise 1PT and 1FT.
Request your consultation.
Regards.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please give the same medicines and PT

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
These medicines should work.
Please give me the follow up.
I hope there is no rash on the skin.