• question-icon

    What causes pain in the anus?

Posted on Tue, 12 Sep 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have been undergoing Anal fissure treatment thru a gastro doctor and now fissure has healed upto-90% . But I had pain in the other area of my anus and the doctor checked my anus and given Ornio for 5 days (morning 1 and night 1 tablet), he said small blood clot was noticed. while taking it I felt better and after the dosage was over I again started feeling the mild pain symptom. Now my doctor is out of town and I could not reach him .
What is the reason for recurrence of the pain ?
Can I continue ornio for 5 more days or how many days ?
Why did the pain recurring after the dosage ?
What is the background for giving ornio ?
Root cause of the pain for which doctor has given this tablet ?
How should I cure this ?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection of healing site.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear Patient,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
I have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.

Ornio contains antibiotic ofloxacin and anti protozoal called ornidazole.It has no role in controlling pain post operative.However it control's the infection of operated site by bacteria and protozoans.
In case you feel relieved after taking Ornio, Yes you can take it twice daily for 5 more days safely.
However it would be more effevtive if is taken with anti inflammatory analgesic like Tylenol.Take Tylenol thrice daily.

See Ornio would control multiplication of bacteria's and protozoan's at site of wound while tylenol would help to relieve inflammation caused by infection of bacteria and protozoa.

When you take Ornio bacterias at site of wound are killed hence pain subsides but as soon as you stop it the residual inflammation causes pain to reoccur.

So as explained above root cause of pain is infection of site of wound by pathogens.

Line of treatment-
Swab from site should be taken and sent for microscopic examination to rule out infection.
Culture and sensitivity test should be done to find out that to which group of antibiotic are pathogen's sensitive.

Most likely the sensitivity of bacterium to ofloxacin is minimal in your case therefore as soon as you stop dosages pain reoccurs again.

Broad spectrum antibbiotic like Cefixime400 mg twice daily is a better option but intially get a culture test done.

To hasten up recovery take vitamin c 500 mg once daily along with folic acid supplements.

Review with report.
Hope i was helpful.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Ramesh Kumar


Practicing since :1986

Answered : 2441 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Anal fissure

doctor1 MD

I have been taking vyvanse for the past week (switched from concerta to vyvanse due to bad withdrawals) I just stopped taking vyvanse today, as my...

doctor1 MD

My daughter has a problem with her sphincter muscle staying in spasm. this has been going on for about 10 months now and she has been to a rectal...

doctor1 MD

Hi my daughter is 14 months old and she has developed anal fissure for which the doctor prescriped a laxative as well as duphalac for avoiding...

doctor1 MD

respected sir/madam, I am a 25 yr old male who used to do sitz bath(sit in a tub of water) using diluted dettol for anal fissures. Today I started...

doctor1 MD

My daughter is 3 years 8 months old. She doesn't pass motion regularly for last 7 months . We have been visiting doctors but situation is not...

doctor1 MD

I have a history of hemorrhoids and rectal fissure,all is a well now but I had developed an irritation, redness ,and like a burning sensation...

doctor1 MD

I have an itchy anus and occasional bright red blood on the toilet tissue also some stingy after bowel movement. what can I do.

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

200 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Ramesh Kumar
  • Q - Suggest treatment for abdominal hernia

  • Q - What does my biopsy report indicate?

  • Q - How can chronic constipation be treated?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for gastritis and acid reflux

  • Q - What causes severe abdominal pain?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for internal hemorrhoids

  • Q - What causes blood in stools while having diverticulitis?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome

  • Q - Suggest treatment for GERD

  • Q - Suggest treatment for IBS