What causes pain in the anus and difficulty in passing stool?

Posted on Tue, 5 Jul 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Hi Doctor,

A few days ago I felt a tickling feeling inside my anus and I thought I might have worms so I went to the pharmacy and bought a chewable tablet I think it was mebendazole but not sure, I used it but still had no affect.

I also had a light grade fever and a soar throat not sure if that's associated with this issue or not, the fever is gone after taking some meds.

Now I'm experiencing a pain in my anus, It feels like I need to go to the washroom to pass stool but when I go nothing comes out, there is also some little blood not much though, it appears on the tissue after I wipe, the pain is stronger when I sit on a hard surface, if I cough I feel the pain in my anus as well.

I'm too shy to go to a doctor because I'm sure they will ask me to show them my anus, that's why I decided to try this service instead.

I uploaded a photo of my anus here, I've had this bad looking anus for a few years I had this kind of pain before but it went away later I can't remember what I did before to make it go away, if you can please tell me how to treat this so it wont look like this and how to treat the pain it would be really great and I'll be so happy.

And if you know what medication I need to fix this issue please let me know the name of it, even if it needs prescription its ok let me know the name of it.

Please let me know.

Thank you so much for your help Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hemoerhoids

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
You have nothing more than hemorrhoids and you don't need to worry so much. This is common and many people have it . It can be treated by various methods. First,you should regulate your stool by eating more vegetables and fruit and liquids. Also,you can find special dietary products for hemorrhoids. You can apply locally anthemorhoidal creams or take pills called detralex for pain relief. From this photo,I can see that this is grade 3 or even grade 4 hemorrhoids and in some cases it requires surgery and you should consult proctologist for final treatment. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 47 minutes later
Thank you so much for your help Doctorp, is surgery required for my case based on the photo and the information I gave you? Or can the surgery be prevented with medication treatment?

Thanks Doctor
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgery recommended

Detailed Answer:
In your case, surgical therapy is recommended since these are already prolapsed hemmorhoids and it cant be cured with other measures. However its pain may be released but it is much better to remove it surgically once forever. it can be done by laser therapy or gumy ligatures which are less invasive procedures.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon