What causes pain in the anus and difficulty in passing stool?

Posted on Tue, 5 Jul 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Hi Doctor,

A few days ago I felt a tickling feeling inside my anus and I thought I might have worms so I went to the pharmacy and bought a chewable tablet I think it was mebendazole but not sure, I used it but still had no affect.

I also had a light grade fever and a soar throat not sure if that's associated with this issue or not, the fever is gone after taking some meds.

Now I'm experiencing a pain in my anus, It feels like I need to go to the washroom to pass stool but when I go nothing comes out, there is also some little blood not much though, it appears on the tissue after I wipe, the pain is stronger when I sit on a hard surface, if I cough I feel the pain in my anus as well.

I'm too shy to go to a doctor because I'm sure they will ask me to show them my anus, that's why I decided to try this service instead.

I uploaded a photo of my anus here, I've had this bad looking anus for a few years I had this kind of pain before but it went away later I can't remember what I did before to make it go away, if you can please tell me how to treat this so it wont look like this and how to treat the pain it would be really great and I'll be so happy.

And if you know what medication I need to fix this issue please let me know the name of it, even if it needs prescription its ok let me know the name of it.

Please let me know.

Thank you so much for your help Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
You have nothing more than hemorrhoids and you don't need to worry so much. This is common and many people have it . It can be treated by various methods. First,you should regulate your stool by eating more vegetables and fruit and liquids. Also,you can find special dietary products for hemorrhoids. You can apply locally anthemorhoidal creams or take pills called detralex for pain relief. From this photo,I can see that this is grade 3 or even grade 4 hemorrhoids and in some cases it requires surgery and you should consult proctologist for final treatment. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 47 minutes later
Thank you so much for your help Doctorp, is surgery required for my case based on the photo and the information I gave you? Or can the surgery be prevented with medication treatment?

Thanks Doctor
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgery recommended

Detailed Answer:
In your case, surgical therapy is recommended since these are already prolapsed hemmorhoids and it cant be cured with other measures. However its pain may be released but it is much better to remove it surgically once forever. it can be done by laser therapy or gumy ligatures which are less invasive procedures.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 13309 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to

Recent questions on  Laser therapy

doctor1 MD

Hello.. my stomach feels heavy after eating,it gets really big and sometimes makes it hard to breathe,i was told i have abnormal heart beat,which...

doctor1 MD

Hallo doctor, i m 19 years old and i am suffering from a problem of tanning on my face and hands from quite some time, my face and arms are...

doctor1 MD

Last year in march some bleeding starts during my stool.I showed to Gen.Physician.He has given me some medicine.It stopped bleeding.Again it...

doctor1 MD

I have back pain in my lower back across my buttocks only after walking about 5 to 10 minutes it goes away when I sit down usually only after...

doctor1 MD

Hi, i am 25 years married Lady. i have PCOD and when the hormone tests where done, I have a high Prolactin level ie; 39.93ng/ml (The Ref. Range is...

doctor1 MD

For about 2 weeks, my right shin is sore to touch. Its about a 1-2 inch spot that hurts. It feels like a bruise is there, but there is no visible...

doctor1 MD

I have black spots over my back. is there any treatment?

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

137 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction