What causes bruise on the right shin?
X-ray should be done.
Thank you for the query.
Usually such symptoms are caused by a local inflammation of the soft tissues. It may be to some injury, even one you may not thing to be significant. Shin splints hurts when you perform exercises indeed. However your pain may be associated with regular physical activity in the past.
Bone cancer is a rare condition, however it is always good to rule it out. The best you can do is to have this area x-ray (it should greatly rule any bone cancer out) and soft tissues ultrasound.
Physical therapy like criotherapy, laser therapy etc. usually helps with such problems.
You may also apply lukewarm compresses. If its an inflammation, you should see some improvement.
Hope this helps.
I do not thing it is a cancer.
Generally, cancer is always the rarest condition at your age. And I just have mentioned it, because you asked about it. But for 99% it is not a cancer. Otherwise, you would notice pain witch gets worse constantly. Also sooner or alter, bony tumor would be visible.
Pain is usually for the inflammation. Cancer is mostly painless. So for sure, you may just wait and see.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes of constant bruising
- What causes bruised arches
- What causes occasional bruising on right hand
- What is the cause of bruising in a child
- What cause bruises easily
- What causes unexplained bruises
- What causes bicep bruising
- What causes bruised ankles
- What causes a bruise to harden
- What causes a bruised eyelid