Suggest remedies for black spots on the back

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Fri, 3 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have black spots over my back. is there any treatment?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Management of age spots

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

The black spots you are describing is likely age spots. They do not cause any healtg risk. Treatment is mainly for cosmetic reasons.

Management of age spots is with topical agents. Topical hydroquinone 4% plus Isotretinoin 0.1% combination. Make sure that you always use sunscreen. Avoid tanning beds.

If topical treatment alone is not effective, then chemical peeling, dermabrasion ad laser therapy can be tried.

Please be advised to follow up with your dermatologist for further evaluation and management.

Hope this answers your questions
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T