What causes pain in joints and tendons after taking Ospen?
Now she says that her joints and tendons hurt a little.
Since I got big side effects from an antibiotic we are a little scared.
Can Ospen cause these side effects?
Probably not side effect of Ospen
Hi and thanks for the query,
I for sure understand your fear, which is of course very justified. Ospen (Penicillin V) is an antibiotic, and generally is not actually recommeded as a first line drug in the treatment of Borrelia infection. Doxycycline is the most commonly prescribed drug especially in confirmed Borrelia infection.
Borrelia infection has as a common manifestation , joint and tendon pain in some patients. I am afraid joint and tendon pain is NOT a common side effect of Ospen. I do not think humbly that this should be due to Ospen. Common side effects experienced with Ospen are nausea, vomiting, upper abdominal distress, diarrhea, and black hairy tongue.
This could be due to the Borrelia infection itself or due to other causes of joint pain that might require to be checked accordingly. Kind regards. I suggest you could see a Dr again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes abdominal pain after taking postinor
- What causes pain in legs and joints
- What causes swellinghallucinations and joint pain after an mri
- What causes sacroiliac joint pain
- What causes pain in shoulderskneearmsback after taking levofloxacin
- What causes a painful stomach after taking alcohol
- What causes pain in joints and abdomen
- What causes constant joint pain
- What causes joint pain in finger
- What is the cause for pain in elbow joint