What causes pain in jaw, weakness and limbs after an heart attack?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I may have had a heart attack 5 days ago. I've had this happen before though, more than once, and was told it was just stress. But this time I had pain in my jaw and I have been very weak since. This has happened twice now, in the shower. It felt like my blood flow to my limbs was cut off for a short time. Usually accompanied by rapid heartbeat, but last time had jaw pain and did not notice rapid heartbeat until I laid down. Then I was better.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....need evaluation by a Cardiologist
Detailed answer.....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Your symptoms definitely suggest that it might be related to heart.
You should not take it lightly by terming it as stress.
You need a thorough cardiac evaluation to find whether heart is at the root of this problem or not.
Consult a cardiologist as early as possible. There is no point waiting or taking it lightly.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj