What causes pain in chest area while turning the neck?
Seems to be due to muscle strain.
Thanks for your query.
Pain occurring on movement indicates muscle strain.It is not due to heart issue. He need to provide rest to the neck. Avoid massaging the area. Doing a hot fomentation will be helpful. Avoid all overhead activities and do not use a pillow.
In case the pain is persistent even after taking a mild pain killer, then he might need stronger prescription medicines like muscle relaxants after consulting his orthopedician.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of neck pain and shivering
- What causes dizziness and neck pain
- What is the cause of pain in head and neck
- What causes painful rashes on neck
- What causes shoulder and neck pain while driving
- What causes pain on jawear and neck
- What causes muscle pain in neck and chest
- What causes constant neck pain
- What could be the cause of neck pain
- What can cause neck pain