question-icon

What causes pain in breast area of a male?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: today i had a pain in my left boob area, south west if looking at me. i had rubbed it but its still sore when i press the area. i have had a cold just lately and still trying to get over it

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (17 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscular pain.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The mild pain in the breast area in males can be a muscular pain due to excessive physical work. In case it is associated with a local swelling then an infection needs to be ruled out.
Such minor pain usually subsides with rest, mild pain killer and a hot compress. In case the pain is persistent then do consult a physician for a physical examination.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN