question-icon

How can pressure in the chest with shoulder pain be treated?

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018
Question: Hi. A few days ago I started having pretty severe chest heaviness/pressure, neck pain, and bilateral shoulder pain. I am 27 years old. I have not done any strenuous activity. Today I started having a sore throat. Is there anything to help with the chest heaviness/pressure. I can barely sleep from the discomfort. Sitting up makes it worse.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Myalgias with sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to health care Magic and thanks for putting up the query
As you are having discomfort in the whole upper torso, it is probably a muscular pain. it can be either due to cold exposure or some sprain.
You should take a muscle relaxant like a combination of diclofenac plus chlorzoxazone twice daily with hot fomentation.
Send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist