What causes pain in back and legs post an accident?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Had a car accident on July 14th, where I was hit from rear. since that time I have experienced lower back and leg pain as well as shoulder/neck pain. I went to ER and PA took xrays and said no broken bones at all. should I trust a PA? Never seen one before.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Are you having pain on one point or diffused

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I can understand your concern. By reading your details I can assure you that you are not having fracture .Best method to diagnose a fracture is point tenderness. It means that you will have sharp pain at one point and not diffuse like whole back and leg. So by your description I do not think you have fracture but before I advise you anything, I want to know few more details.
1. Are you able to walk or not?
2. Do you have difficulty in changing side at night time?
3. Is your pain decreasing day by day?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D