What causes pain in ankle radiating to heel?
Acute attack of gout needs colchicine
It looks to me that you are having acute attack of GOUT. This happens when there is sudden onset of inflammation in the joint. This can happen with normal uric acid level also.This type of attack can be triggered by sudden intake of alcohol, stress or read meat.
For such acute attack zyloprim is not effective. Morphine and Vicodin is also not sufficient. You will need either NSAID like Indomethacin or Piroxicam. Or you will need Colchicine which is drug of choice for such attack. So my suggestion to you is to discuss with your doctor and take any of these medicines.
For Neuropathy I would suggest you to take Methylcobal tablet one daily. It will help in nerve growth.
I hope this answer will help you. Let me know if there is any followup questions.
steroid is not right solution
I do not think that you need steroid. I would suggest you to take opinion from another orthopaedic surgeon and start Piroxicam/Colchicine. It is more effective then steroids and less side effect.
I agree with you that steroid will increase our blood sugar.
Let me know if there is any other query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heel pain causes and remedies
- Bottom heel pain causes
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes painful yellow bump on heel of foot
- What causes bilateral painful heel syndrome
- What causes pain under heel
- Heel pain causes
- What causes pain in ankles
- What causes heel pain when standing or walking
- Severe heel pain causes
- Suggest treatment for foot drop
- What are symptoms of rib fracture?
- What causes pain in inside of elbow of both arms?
- Suggest treatment for cervical spondylitis
- What causes red knots on arms,legs and body with swelling on ankles?
- What causes pain and swelling in knee and calf with history of...
- Can i travel with swollen ankle post injury?
- What causes throbbing pain in right side of abdomen?
- What is the cause and treatment for pain in heels?
- What causes pain in ankle radiating to heel?