What causes pain and stiffness in the lower back?
Heat will help.
Thanks for posting your query.
Hot compress using a pad will help in decreasing the muscle stiffness. Avoid using a pillow. Isometric neck and shoulder exercises will help.
Avoiding citrus fruits will not help much. Injections in shoulders are needed only if all other medical treatments fail to provide relief. Local analgesic gel will also help. Do continue with pain killer and muscle relaxant.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower back stiffness painful shoulder pain what should i do
- Lower back spasms stiffness pain what is going on
- Lower back pain stiffness suggestions
- Lower back pain and stiffness
- What causes stiffness and pain on the lower back
- Back pain and stiff neck
- What medication be taken for lower back pain and stiffness
- Abdominal pain and back stiffness
- Abdominal pain back pain stiff leg cause
- Stiff back pain
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?