What causes pain and stiffness in the lower back?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 14 Sep 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Very stiff neck, shoulders and lesser stiffness in lower back. 82 years old in good condition save for peripheral neuropothy in right lower leg and foot.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Heat will help.

Detailed Answer:
Hot compress using a pad will help in decreasing the muscle stiffness. Avoid using a pillow. Isometric neck and shoulder exercises will help.
Avoiding citrus fruits will not help much. Injections in shoulders are needed only if all other medical treatments fail to provide relief. Local analgesic gel will also help. Do continue with pain killer and muscle relaxant.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal