What causes pain and stiffness in finger while suffering from cervical myelopathy?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I M SUFFERING FROM CERVICLE MYLOPATHY DUE TO THIS I HAVE PAIN AND STIFFNESS IN FINGER AS WEL AS WEEKNESS IN LEGS, ANY TREATMENT IN AYURVEDIC OR OTHER SCIENCE EXCEPT SURGERY.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take Baclofen daily

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. I can understand that you do not want any surgery. Cervical myelopathy is a progressive disease and surgery offers best results. If you do not want surgery than you can follow these steps.
1. Tablet Baclofen 10 mg daily.
2. Baclofen pump can also be applied.
3. Avoid smoking.
4.wear cervical collar so myelopathy will not progress any further.
Ayurvedic or acupuncture does not alter course of disease and will provide symptomatic relief only. Surgery is a good option. It is a safe procedure.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. let me know if there is any other followup questions. thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement