What causes pain and soreness in leg muscles?
Can be due to electrolyte imbalance.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain and weakness in the leg muscles can be due to a bone spur in the heel or due to muscle cramps.
Sometimes, it can be due to dehydration, muscle fatigue or electrolyte abnormalities. It is better to drink sufficient fluid and also see that your intake of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium ) is sufficient. You can drink Oralyte for this.
In case the pain is persistent then you can get oral muscle relaxants prescribed from your physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in legs and joints
- What causes pain in fingers and legs
- Relieve pain causing leg soreness
- What is the cause of intense pain in legs
- What causes leg pain and acidity
- What causes shooting pain in leg
- What relieves the cramped muscle in the leg causing pain
- What is the cause and treatment for leg pain
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- What causes leg pain at night
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?