• question-icon

What causes oily and uneven pigmentation on the skin?

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have oily skin and at times dry , I have lot of ache and uneven skin color. I feel I get achne because of dandruff , however if I use anti dandruff shampoo it leaves my hair dry and rough even after using conditioner.
I get XXXXXXX very easily
Can you help me with the root cause of the issue and appropriate resolution for the same
!)Reason for dull dry and rough hair
2) Achne Skin
3) Uneven skin tone
4) Dark undereye circles
5) Recently I have got hair growth in my chin area

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for skin and hair concerns

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have noted your concern.
For dry, frizzy hair you may use a conditioner after shampoo e.g triglow conditioner or any other good conditioner.
For acne I would suggest clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide combination gel e.g clindoxyl gel. Apply twice daily after face wash.
Use a gentle cleanser for face wash which removes excess oil and does not leave your skin dry e.g Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser.
For undereye dark circles you may try Melalumin under eye serum. Its a roll on. You may use it twice daily.
Once your acne are under control you may use koiglo forte cream, twice daily for uneven skin tone.
Facial hair can be due to hormonal imbalance. If they are bothersome you may also screen for circulating hormones like Testosterone, DHEAS, LH, FSH, Prolactin as well as pelvic ultrasound.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 5 minutes later
IS the cleanser good for oily skin as well ,as at times my skin turns oily.
I would like to go for shampoo which don't have sls and other harmful products and also help for dandruff reduction.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding dandruff and face cleanser

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

You may try Cetaphil OS clesnser. It is for oily skin.
Try Scalpe shampoo for dandruff. It is quite useful for dandruff.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist