What causes numbness on feet while standing for long?
weight loss may be culprit
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The transient numbness that results from a particular posture in sometime and then gets relieved by a different posture is suggestive of stretching of nerve or poor vascularity or a peripheral neuropathy.
The stretch is directly related to obesity and gets significantly relieved with loosing weight.
Poor vascularity of peripheral nerves are more common if you are a diabetic or have dyslipidemia.
In either case you should get examined by a local physician for finalizing the diagnosis.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Dyslipidemia is elevated fat levels in blood
It is good that you are not a diabetic but still if you have not got you blood sugar within last one year then it is recommended that you get a fastin sample of Morning blood sugar.
Dyslipidemia is abnormal levels of fat in blood. It can be detected by a blood sample in the morning after overnight fasting.
If levels deranged then reducing fat and fried food in diet, exercise, weight reduction and some fat lowering medicines need to be taken on longterm basis.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden pressure and numbness in feet
- What causes painful bruise on knuckle and numbness in feet
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- What causes numbness in facelipshandsfingers and feet
- What causes numbness and itching in feet and toes
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes numbness in legs and sole of feet