What causes numbness in middle of the shin?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
I just had a strange slightly numb feeling in the middle of my right shin. It lasted about 5 minutes. Is that symptomatic of a blood clot or something serious?
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
no need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

I donot think that there is any need to worry, sometime it happen due to any short nerve compression due to any region, but this is not significant and not causing any damage. But if it is recurrent, then you need to see yoyr physician for complete examination.
Blood clot is not causing this type of feeling

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok