What causes nausea while brushing teeth in the morning?

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Hi, I am 28. My height is 5' 11'' but weight 59 kg. I can't able to eat the amount of food which a normal person of my age should eat at one go. In addition to it, I feel vomiting tendency everyday in the morning while brushing. Please suggest how I should gain weight.
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Knowledge,Self help ,& expert's guidance would help you.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXX,
Thanks for your query. I have read & understood your problem.
You have two main complaints -
*Not able to eat sufficiently, so you think less body weight.
- This can be-Anorexia nervosa-- It can be genetic / obstetric - deficiencies in mother in pregnancy / gastrointestinal disorders - infections, coeliac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, Digestive deficiency./ Endocrinal disorder .. like hyperthyroidism
* Vomiting every day morning..I because of insufficient food previous morning, stomach is hungry in morning.. secreting more acids .. causes vomiting,with slightest stimulus while brushing, cleaning your tongue, clearing your throat.
- Such vomiting is also seen with some bowel disease like ulcerative colitis .
In such condition I would advise you to consult your family physician .
He will examine you physically, get needful investigations & may start with specific treatment for the cause of your problem he finds . OR he may refer you to Endocrinologist / gastroenterologist/ psychological counselor .. for specialized tests & treatment.
* personal care-
- Remove wrong concepts of health from your subconscious .. if any.
- Know & involve all nutritional ingredients in a balanced diet & try to eat them once in 24 hours ( milk, eggs, non veg food, dals, sprouts ( proteins, vitamins / cereals Carbohydrates)/ vegetables, salads, fruit ( vitamins )
- Eat small & multiple servings every 2.5 to 3 hours.Having high proteins/ vitamin B helps increasing appetite.
- add on the counter digestive enzymes after food.
- add exercises/ pranayama, meditation ( for + ve psychology ) to your routine.
- Stress management * 8 hours of sound sleep are important.
- Follow all the instructions by doctor & take specific treatment advised regularly
Thus expert advise & self help would help you gaining weight.
Hope the answer is helpful. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.

Follow up: Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 31 hours later
Thanks for the detailed info.

I reside at Bhubaneshwar, XXXXXXX Can you tell me any doctors around here who can help me? or just guide me which kind of speciality I should seek for my treatment?

which is most appropriate for me gym or pranayama?

I am a working bachelor guy so please suggest me some nutritious health diet which are easy to make and will help in gaining weight.
Brief Answer:
please go through easy details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXX,
Thanks for the follow up query.. that indicates your intense desire to improve your diet & health.Here are answers to your queries-
1. I am sorry, unfortunately I don't have acquaintances with doctors in Bhubananeshwar..
- In my view you should consult an Experienced General Physician ( MD ).. to examine you in detail/ get few investigations done to diagnose the cause of your problem. ( Gastrointestinal/ digestive problem/ any chronic infection due ti under nutrition & weakness / excessive physical stress or psychological strain)
He would mostly start with specific treatment OR if needed he may refer you to Gastroenterologist for specific advise.
Thus you should first get rid of basic health problem if at all you have it.
2. In my view, Gyms offer more strenuous exercises meant for body building/ reduction of weight.
You need moderate exercises so as to improve your appetite-which would result in weight gain when accompanied by nutritious diet .From this point of view yoga exercises ( physical exercises ) done under yoga teacher's guidance would help you great.
- Pranayama are respiratory exercises in Yoga.. they help in over all health. & boost up normal physiological activities.
-Pranayama for psychological benefit .. are Bhramari/ XXXXXXX & Dhyan( meditation )Please follow both yoga , pranayam & meditation for having good physique , good appetite,digestion & a sound mind !
3. I am giving you few healthy food articles easy to make.
-As we had decided before you have to start eating small & frequent servings.in day.
You need high protein ( whole fat milk& curds,butter/mixed boiled dals with pinch of salt & dash of cow ghee/peanut butter/nuts/ cheese, tofu/ soya products can be added in your diet with ease .If you are non vegetarian.. egg, fish, lean chicken can be consumed made at home/ ready made with least of spices.
Green vegetables, salads, fruits, sprouts ( vitamins & minerals) / rice, wheat ( brown bread ) & Oats ( carbohydrates ) can be prepared & ate at home easily in very short time, ( only thing is to get some tips of cooking from your mother& use modern gadgets like pressure cooker, oven as per need.Alternatively you can appoint part time to cook to work for you.)
Thus consuming all the food ingredients ( in small quantity .. that you can digest & relish ) over the day would definitely increase your interest & develop taste . This accompanied by sufficient exercise & optimum sound sleep would help you to gain optimum weight.Once you decide for it..you will get it lad !
I hope that that satisfies you.Any follow up query you have please don't hesitate to ask. I would be happy to help.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please grade it before you close the query.
Wish you all the luck.