Suggest Treatment For Chronic Diarrhea
Differential diagnosis mentioned
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query. Differential diagnosis for chronic diarrhea includes:
* cow’s milk sensitivity enteropathy
* celiac disease
* idiopathic chronic diarrhea
* secretory diarrhea (idiopathic, laxative abuse, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes mellitus, and fecal incontinence)
* malabsorption (pancreatic disease, noninflammatory short bowel syndrome, postgastrectomy, hyperthyroidism, and cholestasis)
* microscopic colitis
* inflammatory bowel disease
* celiac sprue
* radiation colitis
Let me know if I could help further.
I am without symptoms consistent with many of the other disease processes you mentioned. No abdominal masses or pain, cramping, bleeding, dark stools, anorexia, lymphadenopathy. However, as indicated in my prior question, I used laxatives to counteract pain medication during multiple orthopedic surgeries over the last few years. Now I am on forteo for loss of bone mass. For the first several months after starting Forteo in January 2017, I experienced GI symptoms - increased flatulance and occasional cramping/urgency. I attributed the symptoms to the medication. Does it seem likely that use of the laxatives in and of itself could cause the persistent diarrhea?
Thank you for your help!
Include green leafy vegetables in diet
The treatment is rather simple
You have to eliminate the laxatives and include in your diet plenty of green leafy vegetables..