What causes nausea, diarrhea, lack of appetite, stomach and back pain?
?? Suspect conditions like gastritis, ulcers, etc;
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The investigations with the scope put down the throat is called an endoscopy, just so you know. :)
Yes, there should have been blood work to confirm the infection, especially as it has been ongoing since almost or over 8 months now. If it were a stomach infection or the stomach flu, for which ciprofloxacin and metronidazole would have been most appropriate, then it shouldn't have lasted for this long.
But in my opinion, the more likely possibility could be an ongoing, and long lasting (without treatment that is) condition like peptic ulcer disease, gastritis (infective or autoimmune types), etc. These conditions can be easily diagnosed with the help of an endoscopy, so this is indeed one good thing your nurse did. :)
I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back pain and green diarrhea
- What causes delayed periods back pain diarrhea followed by constipation
- Pregnant constipation diarrhea nausea back pain cause of worry
- Diarrhea nausea rapid heart beat back pain
- Can diarrhea cause back pain
- Lower back pain nausea diarrhea
- Diarrhea leg back pain
- Diarrhea and back pain
- Lower back pain and diarrhea
- Back pain headache and diarrhea