What causes muscle spasms and rash on neck?
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is possible that it may be shingles. This is the most common rash that is associated with pain.
In some cases the pain can be severe and may actually persist after the rash has resolved. (this is called post herpetic neuralgia)
The rash has a initial red appearance, followed by formation of small 'bumps' which may appear fluid filled.
You may want to see your doctor to confirm that this is the problem.
Shingles is treated with pain medications, in some cases strong pain medications are needed. If advil is not enough, your doctor can give alternative medications.
With shingles, medications such as gabapentin, amitriptyline, tegretol,lyrica are needed to treat.
If it is confirmed as shingles then you may want to consider the shingles vaccine which may reduce the chance of future recurrence.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes muscle spasms
- Neck shoulder muscle spasm causes
- What causes painful muscle spasms in tongue and neck
- What causes calf muscle spasms
- What is the cause and treatment for muscle spasms
- What causes eye muscle spasms
- What causes muscle spasms under rib cage
- What causes muscle spasms symptoms
- Neck muscle spasm causes
- Can muscle spasms in neck cause lightheadedness