What causes missed periods?
it is possibility
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is possible you are pregnant especially if your periods are normally regular.
Pregnancy tests can detect pregnancy by day 11 to 14 after possible conception. Blood tests can pick up the HCG hormone slightly before this.
If this time frame has passed then you can consider doing a home pregnancy test, if it hasn't it would be best to wait or the result may be falsely negative.
The only way to definitely know if you are pregnant is with the pregnancy test.
If the test is done at the appropriate time and is negative then it is possible that your period is only delayed for a few days, which can occur in many women.
There are some other causes of delayed period such as: emotional stress or illness , physical illness, polycystic ovarian syndrome, abnormal levels of thyroid hormone, high prolactin levels, inadequate diet, extreme exercise regimen
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Missed periods hpt negative what could be the cause
- What causes missing irregular periods
- Missing period and started spotting what is causing this
- What causes missed period with spotting while on nexaplan
- What could cause missed period besides pregnancy
- What can cause a missed period besides pregnancy
- What std cause missed period
- What causes missed menstrual period
- Missing period and having diarrhea what could be causing this
- What causes missed period after having intercourse