Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

What causes mild tingling sensation in urethra?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Hi thank you very much i have a mild tingling sensation in my urethra. I am male 55 years in otherwise good health, never had anything like this before email address is YYYY@YYYY also want to tell you, I have no pain per se, no discharge of any kind, no swelling, no sores, external appearance is completely normal, approximately four weeks since last sexual activity
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like mild uretheritis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Your symptoms indicate mild uretheritis, that inflammation of urethra.Generally no treatment is needed if there are no other symptoms. Sometime dehydration can cause such symptoms. Drinking lots of water and taking juices can help flush off if there is minor infection and relieve your symptoms. If symptoms progress then I would recommend a short course of antibiotics and routine urine investigation. Hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes mild tingling sensation in urethra? 24 minutes later
Thank you so much!!!! Is it possibly Chlamydia or some other STD ? Should I get tested ? Some kind of infection ? After my aortic valve replacement my doctors warned me to be very alert to infections and deal with them early and aggressively. By the way, I live in Quito Ecuador and my Spanish is limited, so it is great to be able to discourse like this.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would not like jump to STD first. Detailed Answer: As I mentioned in prior report to get a routine urine analysis done. If this shows evidence of any infection then you can go ahead with tests for STDs. But looking at details its very likely that this will be some minor bacterial urine infection. So get a urine routine done , if that shows evidence of infection then go ahead with higher tests.I am suggesting this in view of your aortic valve history. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor