What causes mild steatosis of the liver?
No,you don't have risc factors for liver cirrhosis.
I read carefully your query and understood your concern.
Typically the range for normal AST is reported between 10 to 40 units per liter and ALT between 7 to 56 units per liter.So your AST and ALT are within the normal range.
Cirrhosis is an abnormal liver condition in which there is irreversible scarring of the liver.
The main causes are sustained excessive alcohol consumption, viral hepatitis B and C, and fatty liver disease.
You mention that you are not obese,do not consume excessive amount of alcohol and considering your young age i presume that you have not high cholesterol and diabetes that are other risc factors for cirrhosis.
So my answer is :No i don't think you headed toward cirrhosis.
My advice for you to reduce and elimine your liver steatosis is :
-Try to lose weight
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet and get regular exercise.
-Limit high-carb foods such as bread, grits, rice, potatoes, and corn.
-Cut down on drinks with lots of sugar like sports drinks and juice.
-Try to reduce stress.
Hope my information is helpful.
If you have other queries,feel free and ask.
You can ask me at HealthCareMagic at my private link: bit.do/hcm-Dr-Xhardo.
I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for liver steatosis
- Symptoms of liver steatosis
- Fatty liver steatosis symptoms
- Treatment and cure for liver steatosis
- Liver steatosis treatment
- Mild hepatic steatosis with borderline hepatomegaly
- Diagnosis of liver steatosis
- Mild hepatic steatosis
- Macrovesicular steatosis liver
- Liver steatosis causes
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and cough
- How to transform from a male to a female?
- What causes nausea, headache and low basal body temperature?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of peripheral neuropathy
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss while treating hypothyroidism
- Does intake of Omeprazole have an effect on Insulin secretion?
- Suggest treatment for water retention and edema
- Does Metformin interact with Glipizide?
- Is honey a good substitute for sugar while having diabetes?
- Is TPO antibody level of 1,189 a cause for concern?