What causes lump in the crease near upper arm?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have about a 1.5 mm in diameter and raised lump on the inside crease near my upper arm/elbow jointly or. its been on my arm for a long time. its never changed but I've also not really paid much attention to it. its not grown or itchy or bleeding either. is this a mole? I know dermatofibromas and cherry angiomas look the same. I've attached a picture. I'm just a worrier and skin cancer is scary
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks to be a benign lesion most likely a mole

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query carefully and I may assure you that this lesion is benign and you do not need to worry about it. As going by your own version of lesion it is same for the years together and there is no changes like-
Change in color, size, and shape and not associated with Itching or ulcer formation.
Hope this clarifies your doubt. I shall be glad to help you further.
Wishing you good health

Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 5 hours later
One other characteristic of the possible mole is that it is in a skin fold region, it is quite small and it is most definitely movable. I can squeeze it with tweezers and manipulate it's shape. I have an appointment with my dermatologist on the 7/28/14. I will have them look it over but based on the information I've provided are you comfortable with suggesting that it's totally benign? Could this be a skin tag? I've uploaded a new angle photo
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is a benign lesion as of now

Detailed Answer:
Hello
It’s good to see you
After going through the whole discussion, we as human beings are born with definite numbers of moles but they are not visible at birth and as the age increases they starts appearing.
I have gone through both the picture and it looks very much benign. As far as skin tag is concern they are also benign and usually have a stalk (peduncle).
Hope you have found something useful.
Wishing you good health