What causes an odd shaped mole under the breast?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have an odd shaped mole on the underside of my right breast. It’s dark and square and about a quarter of an inch in size. Is this symptomatic of anything ?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Many different possibilities one of which is melanoma.provide more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* At 68 years , there are different possibilities for this mole , one of which may be
melanoma of the skin .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query more completely .

1. Mole - duration , flat or raised over the surface , progress since appearance .
2. Any change in shape , color since beginning .
3. Associated itching , bleeding on touch .
4. Family history of skin cancer .
5. History of excess sun exposure .
6. Moles at other body sites if any .
7. If possible and no objection kindly attach a photo pic in follow up
conversation for better evaluation .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng