What does a reddish blotchy patch on the nose indicate?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a faint smooth reddish blotchy patch on my nose that's been there for maybe 3-4 months. No one notices it but me. I have mild or seasonal exema on other parts of my body. I think it's very unlikely to be skin cancer, but what would I watch for before getting it diagnosed. If I get a cancer diagnosis this month, I will have no health insurance options for next year until I turn 65 next September. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Actinic keratoses or eczematous patch

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and it could be actinic keratoses or eczematous patch.
It doesn’t seem to be cancerous.
If it increases in size suddenly or changes it’s color or thickness then definitely get it evaluated.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T