What causes lump behind ear and discharge from ear?

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 22 Sep 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My ear has been bothering be for weeks now. First Dr said lump behind ear was spider bite, 2nd said cyst. Two different meds, lump did seem smaller however, I feel it decreased once I began using ear vacuum type product for kid. When using that I felt like re moving pressure and little black piece's came out. 3 weeks later lump still there but today ears bothering me again and they felt better only lump there. It felt like pulling something through ear and lump was nearly gone. Shortly after it appeared again. Any thoughta?
Also the lump is behind ear under lobe but hard to see easy to feel
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You may have impacted wax also alongwith lump .

Detailed Answer:
Hello & welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

I have read your query , seen picture , reviewed your medications and understand your concern.

I can see lump behind ear under lobe ( but picture not clear ).

If I were your treating doctor, I would like to do

your complete ENT examination specially ear to see size , shape , consistency of lump .
Also look for any wax in the ear canal .

As per your clinical history it appears that you may have impacted wax also alongwith lump .

Get ear cleaning done after using wax dissolving ear drop for 5 days.

I would also like to do investigation like ultrasonography ( USG ) of lump to know extension & content of lump.

Here my suggestion is that you should consult your ENT specialist doctor for thorough examination, necessary investigations and treatment.

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.