What causes low WBC count in blood while treating viral infection?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: I need answers I listed on the first page.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Low wbc count is very common in viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

You have low wbc count and viral flu. In viral infection is low wbc count is very common. Decrease in neutrophils and increased in lymphocytes and monocytes are also common.

So your diagnosis is consistent with your laboratory findings. You are on right tract. Continue your treatment according to advise.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me.
I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 11 hours later
Also wanted to know about 0 Basophils and what does that indicate on normal basis. I guess you are saying that is also part of the viral issues. I am also a nurse so just wanted some question answered. Also what is difference in elevation of ALT which was 50 and within normal range and AST which is 38 with normal of 10-29.. If I need info from another specialist that just let me know. How do I send lab work to be reviewed. I have some questions for either an endocrinologist and cardiologist.. I probably need to scan to send to you all. Thank you very much for your help. I did a paper in school and learned Greek word for Doctor Docear means teacher... Thanks for you time to teach. XXXXXXX Baity
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Basophil count of zero is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear

Basophil count of zero is normal and there is no need of worry about that. Mild elevation of AST and ALT is common in any viral disease.

In my opinion no need to consult endocrinologist or cardiologist for this issue.

Moreover you can take a photo of your report And upload it with question for review.

I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.