What causes loss of strength and mobility of fingers?

Posted on Tue, 7 Jul 2015 in Cancer
Question: lost strength & mobility on 4Th & 5th fingers of left hand
Answered by Dr. Monish De 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ulnar nerve neuropathy

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Loss of strength and mobility of 4th and 5th finger of left hand is caused by ulnar nerve neuropathy

The ulnar nerve passes from the shoulder through the outside of the elbow through the wrist and to the hand.

Compression or irritation of the nerve anywhere along its path can lead to loss of strength and mobility of 4th and 5th finger of left hand

I would advise you to conservative treatment with ice and anti inflammatory medications with your doctors advise to regain strength and mobility of your fingers

DR DE

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Monish De

Oncologist