What causes loss of sensation in legs?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: yes sirs I don't have any feeling of temperature in left leg all the way to my groing and right leg from toes to about 4 inches past my knee
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More information required to help you better

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query carefully and would like to know about following to help you better-
1. Any history of trauma or chronic disease?
2. Do you have weakness in lower limbs and able to feel pain, touch?
3. When did it happen?
The loss of sensation (temperature) in your legs may be caused by any disease which interferes with the blood and nerve supply of the legs. Although many medical conditions can cause burning feet, Diabetes is the most common cause leading to nerve damage that is neuropathy.
It needs physical examination to look for blood supply in lower limbs and examination of spinal cord to look for the cause.

Looking forward to your reply.

Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 5 hours later
yes had spinal sciatic surgery 1n 2009 got hit by car when I was 5 got diabetes type2 and do have neuropathy but can me situation be repaired because my married life is suffering and I am exercising and eating right
and I have erectile dysfunction which is my primary concern doctor is there a solution can I be normal again
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diabetes seems to be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello
It’s good to see you
After going through the whole discussion the primary cause of your suffering seems to be diabetes. But to rule out other cause MRI spine is the best investigation.
Regarding your married life my suggestion would be to visit a sexologist. I am sure he will be able to suggest you the right treatment.
I wish if I could be of more help to you.
Hope this helps and if you have further query I shall be glad to answer them.