Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

165 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes loss of sensation in legs?

Answered by
Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Practicing since :1997

Answered : 1619 Questions

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: yes sirs I don't have any feeling of temperature in left leg all the way to my groing and right leg from toes to about 4 inches past my knee
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More information required to help you better

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query carefully and would like to know about following to help you better-
1. Any history of trauma or chronic disease?
2. Do you have weakness in lower limbs and able to feel pain, touch?
3. When did it happen?
The loss of sensation (temperature) in your legs may be caused by any disease which interferes with the blood and nerve supply of the legs. Although many medical conditions can cause burning feet, Diabetes is the most common cause leading to nerve damage that is neuropathy.
It needs physical examination to look for blood supply in lower limbs and examination of spinal cord to look for the cause.

Looking forward to your reply.
Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 5 hours later
yes had spinal sciatic surgery 1n 2009 got hit by car when I was 5 got diabetes type2 and do have neuropathy but can me situation be repaired because my married life is suffering and I am exercising and eating right
and I have erectile dysfunction which is my primary concern doctor is there a solution can I be normal again
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diabetes seems to be the cause

Detailed Answer:
It’s good to see you
After going through the whole discussion the primary cause of your suffering seems to be diabetes. But to rule out other cause MRI spine is the best investigation.
Regarding your married life my suggestion would be to visit a sexologist. I am sure he will be able to suggest you the right treatment.
I wish if I could be of more help to you.
Hope this helps and if you have further query I shall be glad to answer them.
Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Nerve damage

doctor1 MD

Ism javing problems swallowing small to medium sized pills, and seem to have reflux when laying semi flat. Liquid sems to come back up into my esaphagus when I lay back to sleep and it causes me to cough and swallow it back. What can I do ????...

doctor1 MD

Had a hemorroidectomy on Dec. 1. Per instructions I have been taking MiraLax once each day (except for one day). Began bowel movement on Dec. 4, but each time it is usually a small amount and I feel frequent pressure on the anus to go again. There...

doctor1 MD

Hi Sir, I hope you remember me ! My father got pituatory macrodenema surgery 3 and half years back. Its because of prolactin production and the surgery went well. he lost vision in one eye before the surgery only due to pressure because of the...

doctor1 MD

I had my 1st ankle surgery in 2009 in which the superfisicial peroneal nerve eas but & buried into my bne. The second surgery in 2010was a rght lateral ligament repair, right peroneal tendon tenolysis repair,brevis.The third was in June 2112 in which tenolysis of the pernolysis brevis with transfer of the peroneus brevis to the longus resulting peroneus brevis intact but very tendinotic , therefore completely cut out,and the tendon sheath repaired. The last surgery November 2112, I had to have the sural nerve and a branch of the superficial peroneal nerve cut & tucked into muscle. My surgeon(& I agree) tells me that s it, he cannot do any more. But the thing is, I am still having severe pain and swelling He did tell me that there would always be pain due to the lose of the tendon but I had expected better then where I am at. Granted, I am only in my second week of therapy but I am really worried about where I am goign to be in the long run. I like & trust my doctor very much but would like some input from another source. Thank you. Janet Treash