Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

167 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes loss of concentration, brain fog and being unorganized?

Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: I have symptoms of add, what do you think... can't concentrate, brain fog, unorganized, can't accomplish any tasks, can't sit still for too long I have to be up doing something amoung other symptoms. Please help
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult and regular follow up of a psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:
Hello, hope you are in good physical health.

As you have described your symptoms and probable diagnosis add, I think you are somewhat aware about add. You should think and evaluate also following points.

Have you ever suffered from this symptoms in childhood?
You can ask your parents about the same or you can get answer by your school history. This thing will just confirm that you had history of ADD in childhood or not.
If there is no such history in childhood, you may be having Adult ADD.
Have your family members or colleague at workplace told you that you just lack attention or goes in air when others are talking or you are not able to complete your work on time or you often forget small things or it is difficult to work with you on a topic for a long!

If most of all answers above goes in favor of "yes", likely possibility of Adult ADD. But for confirmation testing and detail history needed.

Adult Add is a treatable condition. You should get treatment in terms of lifestyle changes, food and sleep habit, your relationship problems if any, your physical problems if any,emotional disturbances due to add. All of these is done in two manners. One is medicines and second is counselling and behavior therapy.

Medicines used are generally called stimulant which are strictly given with doctor's prescription according to laws. You can discuss it in detail with your treating doctor.
Counselling and behavior therapy includes time management, lifestyle and habit modification, emotional management, meditation, memory improvement techniques and so on depending upon your current work and life situation.
All of above can be done by a professional team like psychiatrist and psychologists.

Here I would like to mention that there is lack of some information from your side like "your marital status, your profession, your past history, personal history , your social, personal and occupational disturbance in life due to above symptoms."

If any of these information might suggest that because of some excessive stress you are suffering from above described symptoms, your diagnosis can be changed to depression and treatment changed accordingly. So for your problem detail history is needed, then treating doctor can move forward for further testing like psychological testing if needed.

I have tried my best to answer your query, if still something there you want to ask, late me now.
Thanks and all best.
Regards, Dr. C.K. Solanki

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Stress

doctor1 MD

Hi, My wife had a dermoyd cyst removed a few year ago and with it her left ovary. Every since then, she has had a really hard time during her period. Lately, she has experienced a rapid heart rate. She is 23 years old and 105lbs. Generally healthy but she is a smoker. She rarely drinks alcohol and doesn't do any drugs. Her water intake is good as is her diet. She doesn't feel any stress, although, our life is rather stressful. She is anemic and has low blood pressure and her heart rate averages around 100bpm during her period. Is this something we should worry about?

doctor1 MD

hi,i keep getting out of breath and feeling tied i get a lot off flem in my throat all the time even though i have not a cold,i also had a very fast heart beat which the doctor gave me propranol tablets 3 times a day ca n you tell have i got a heart problem as it is really worry me?

doctor1 MD

I have had a thudding heartbeat for two days, off and on, mostly on. Also accompanied by shortness of breath. The heartbeat isn't fast or irregular, but I can feel it, like it's heavy in my chest. I've had this before a few years ago, and my doctor thought it was anxiety and wanted to out me on an anti anxiety drug, but I felt like it was a physical issue instead of anxiety. I have low stress, not usually anxious, work out a few times a week, non smoker (for 5 years) recently lost about 35 lbs (1-1/2 years ago) Could this be allergies?

doctor1 MD

30 minutes after a run yesterday, that i did not feel was extremely stressful. my heart felt out of rhythm and i was coughing. i felt like the cough was to get it back in rhythm, is it? i am a 50 year old female, have high blood pressure and am about 40 # overweight. i have had a EKG and stress test w/ultra sound and everything is normal.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I want to improve my brain performance, so visited Ayurvedic doctor to take the swarna bhasma,i am little obese and having snoring problem, so doctor has prescribed varanadi kashayam. Apart from this, i have short temper problem, so...

doctor1 MD

hi i m facing sleep disturbance since last 8 years i feel too much pressure over and behing myleft ears may be it leads to stress and breaks my sleep after i sleep abnormal feeling on left while yawning too much tightness on left ear and...

doctor1 MD

I have low body temperature, and am concerned that my thyroid may be not working optimally. My TSH is 4.13. If I reduce the stress in my life, will my thyroid bounce back ?