What causes loose grainy stool when diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis?
Thanks for chosing HealthcareMagic for query,
Grainy and sand like stool can be because of Microscopic colitis also.
However lack of Taurine can also cause this,When there is a lack of taurine, a sand-like substance can develop in the digestive system and show up in the stool XXXXXXX stools are commonly associated with a bile acid imbalance caused by a taurine deficiency.Taurine is an amino acid in our body that is involved in the production of taurcholic acid.Taurcholic acid helps produce bile in the liver.
Bile acids are involved in fat absorption.Long-standing intestinal inflammation, and sulfur depletion can contribute to this problem.
Taurine, as a supplement of 100 to 500mg per day, can be helpful.(Discuss with your Gastroenterologist)
However without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that can be considered are malabsorption, infections ,inflammations, inadequate fiber intake etc.
I would suggest switching to a healthy low fat diet with plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables,Take atleast 40 grams of fibres daily in your diet,Isapghullu husk 2tsf should be taken every night before going to bed to increase the bulk of stool; and see if these help with the symptoms. If there is no improvement seen or the stools continue to be grainy and XXXXXXX you may consider an evaluation by a gastroenterologist.
Tests to be done are
Stool routine and microscopy.
Liver function tests
Follow up answer
It is a source of natural fibre which helps to regulate bowel function. These drugs are designed to attract water into your stools, making them softer and easier to pass, thus reducing constipation. Psyllium is a form of fiber made from the husks of the Plantago ovata plant's seeds. It sometimes goes by the name ispaghula.Its available in USA by brand name FYBOGEL.
Soak it in half cup of water or milk for 10 minutes and after that take 2 tsf before going to bed.
Taurine is a type of amino acid. Taurine supplements are available over counter,Can be taken after breakfast everyday.
Follow up after 10 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lymphocytic colitis and thyroid problems
- Lymphocytic colitis hyperthyroid
- Hashimotos disease and lymphocytic colitis
- Lymphocytic colitis and pregnancy
- Lymphocytic colitis in dermatomyositis
- Psoriasis rosacea lymphocytic colitis
- Lymphocytic colitis cause lymph nodes to swell
- Lymphocytic colitis causes
- Lymphocytic colitis and stomach pain
- Lymphocytic colitis multiple sclerosis
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses