What causes hot flashes in a 52 year old?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
i am a 52 year old women with pretty bad asthma and no am faceing hotflashes on my ears and the back of my head
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of post Menopausal symptoms is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
You are having Menopausal age. And during this age, many females show hormonal imbalance and related symptoms.
Hot flashes are very common symptom of Menopause.
So please let me know
1. Have you started menopause?
2. Are you taking any hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for menopause?
For your asthma, I think you should start inhaled bronchodilators (formoterol or salmeterol) and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) (budesonide or fluticasone).
Inhaled treatment is best for asthma. In your drug list you have nothing mentioned about inhaled treatment.
Are you taking any inhaler?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.