What causes lightheadedness, muscular weakness, blurred vision and fainting spells?
Presyncope most likely.
Thanks for your query!
Hi most likely it was presyncope. Presyncope is a state of lightheadedness, muscular weakness, blurred vision, and feeling faint Presyncope is most often cardiovascular in etiology.
I would suggest you to go for few baseline tests for cardiology like
+ Stress test-A cardiac stress test measures a heart's ability to respond to external stress any ischemia is suggested by ST-T changes on monitor.
+ 2d echo-Motion of wall of heart and cardiac output is seen.Tread mill test and 2d echo are 80% sensitive to rule out cardiac diseases.
Other system which may be involved are-
Nervous system- Decreased supply of blood to brain due to clogged carotid artery.
+Carotid artery Doppler should be done to rule out if blood supply to brain is normal.
+Electrolyte imbalance-Serum electrolytes should be checked.
+Carotid artery Doppler
+Tread mill test.
+MRI brain stroke protocol.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cervical flexion causing blurred vision and lightheadedness
- Causes of fainting spells brain
- What causes extreme tiredness and fainting spells post workout
- What causes feeling like numbness in tongue with fainting spell
- Why hyperthyroidism cause fainting spells
- Does bleeding from ear cause fainting spells
- What causes near fainting spells
- Fainting spells causes
- What causes blurred vision
- I am having fainting spells dizziness fatigue blurred vision
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?