What causes light pink vaginal spotting after taking Depo-Provera?
The spotting will decrease on its own.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The light pink spotting can be due to waning effect of Depo shot. The spotting will gradually stop on its own and your normal periods will return in next few weeks. You can use an alternative contraceptive like combined oral pills to make your periods regular.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me by posting a query through HealthCareMagic and ask them to direct it to me"
Pregnancy is less likely.
Thanks for writing again.
The chances of pregnancy are low as it takes a few weeks for the contraceptive effect of depo shot to wane off. Still if you do not get your regular periods then do a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Depo provera cause swollen neck
- Depo provera causes nightmares
- Taking depo provera constant and light bleeding cause
- Depo provera cause cervical ectropion
- Depo provera cause death
- Depo provera causes gingivitis
- Pink spotting on depo provera
- Taking microgynon after depo provera
- Acne caused by depo provera
- Depo provera cause dehydration
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...