What causes light headedness and ear pain?

Posted on Tue, 8 Sep 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I was a bit lightheaded last night and my left ear is a bit uncomfortable, could it be an ear infection?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes, could be an ear infection

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry you are having this problem. Ear infections can cause some light headedness or dizziness and pain.
Ear infections can be in the outer ear, middle ear or inner ear. You will need to see a doctor and have them look into your ear to make a definite diagnosis.
Make sure you are well hydrated and if the pain/discomfort persists or if you develop fever then see a doctor right away.
Sometimes you can get some ear pain and lightheadedness form a blockage in the eustachian tube so if you do not feel this is serious enough to see a doctor right now, try a decongestant and pushing fluids and see if it resolves.
If it does not get better or if you get worse in any way see a doctor right away
I hope you feel better soon,
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson