What causes left-sided gland soreness and sore throat?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Yes, I have two dogs that are suppose to shed less dander...they are Giant Snhauzers ..they weigh about 90 lbs and a puppy about 60 pounds. I have tested allergic to dogs. I do not have a cold but awakened with left side gland soreness particularly when I swallow but its more soreness that an actual sore throat. No redness or lumps.

Could this be allergy and would like Claritin improve??
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will rather go with a pain drug such as Ibuprofen now!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

It is unlikely for an allergy to cause this symptoms. It could be a viral infection of the throat. I will recommend Ibuprofen to relief the soreness and see what happens next. This alone if often sufficient to manage a viral infection. For now, no claritin.

I hope this helps. Keep me updated. I wish you well and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.