What causes left abdominal cramps and heavy vaginal discharge?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: i have my spotting last feb 10-13, then experience naseauos lately, my boobs started to get sore starting feb 15. experience also little cramping in my left abdomen, and have heavy vaginal discharges.
i will have to check whether it is sign of PMS or pregnancy?
i am waiting for my period which is on march 25 before i get my pregrancy test.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can wait for your next natural period.

Detailed Answer:

If you have always had regular menstrual cycles, the spotting you observed in February was not normal. It could have been a breakthrough bleed or an implantation bleed. A home pregnancy test done 3-7 days later may have been enough to confirm/exclude pregnancy.

However, a transient hormone imbalance can be self corrective and result in a normal period in the next cycle.

In the current scenario, you can get an estimation of the serum beta-hCG titers or wait for your next natural period. I would suggest the blood test for an earlier clarification in view of your symptoms.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng