What causes large mass on rectum?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi,
I have a large mass on my rectum. It's not painful, but does have a burning sensation. I have attached a picture (warning - graphic).
Thank You in advance.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems like Thrombosed Piles.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

I went through your query and saw the picture uploaded. I feel it is Thrombosed Piles . It means you have piles inside of which the blood has clotted.

The other possibility is Lipoma which is a mass of fat tissue .

The third possibility is Pus accumulation ( though I am not very much in favour of this possibility )

Any how all these require a Surgical Intervention , that is removal of the mass . This will not subside with any tablets or cream or injection.

My recommendation is to consult a Surgeon or Proctologist for this and get it treated.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 11 hours later
Hi, thank you for the detailed answer. Can you please examine the picture I have uploaded. There are slightly raised papules on my penis shaft. They are not blisters, and seem somewhat solid to the touch. They do not hurt or burn to touch unless I scratch them, then there is slight sensitivity. They are not noticeable unless I stretch the skin and push them out as in the picture. Any thoughts? Thank You..
Answered by Dr. Divakara 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems like Allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I went through the picture and it seems like either a viral infection or an allergic skin disease.

I need to know since how long it has been there?

Did it started after an unprotected sex or after using any condom?

Kindly let me know these details for further discussion.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 9 minutes later
I first noticed them after masturbation which was 4 days ago, and that would be a week after my last sexual encounter which was properly protected by a condom. They are slightly elevated and not tender to touch. Same size shape as they were 4 days ago. No blister or fluid. I curious if they could be warts?
Answered by Dr. Divakara 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be Viral Infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for the information.

Well did you use any lotion over hands or penis while masturbating . In that case it could be due to an allergic reaction.

But if you used no lotions then the possibility of Viral Infection is more. In that case also I would recommend to wait for 1-2 weeks as most of them will resolve on its own .

But if it is persisting then you may need to consult a Venerologist or Dermatologist .

Any clarification feel free to ask .

Dr. Divakara