What causes itchy sores on the scalp with red and white patches on the elbow?
Apply ointment soframycin locally and do blood test for CEA 6 monthly
It is good that you had surgery for your colon cancer and it was detected early.
As you are scheduled for total hip replacement on your right hip then knee replacement on your left knee but now having itching and sores on your scalp and red and white patches on your left elbow I think there is nothing to worry.
These are just minor things and could be a bacterial infection.
You can apply a good antibiotic ointment like Soframycin. framycetin sulphate ointment which is available in the market in the name of Soframycin locally.
For itching, you can take tablet Avil once daily after food for 5 days with your doctors advise.
You can go ahead with your operation.
Since you have a history of colon cancer you must do 6 monthly CT scan of the whole abdomen along with blood test for colon tumour marker carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA).
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Blood tests to check signs of inflammation in your body
The typical symptoms of psoriatic arthritis can cause a painful sausage like swelling of your fingers and toes.
You may also develop swelling and deformities in your hands and feet before having significant joint symptoms.
It can also cause pain at the points where tendons and ligaments attach to your bones especially at the back of your heel or in the sole of your foot.
It can also cause low back pain.
A number of tests may be carried out to help confirm a diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis
There are blood tests to check for signs of inflammation in your body and the presence of certain antibodies found in other types of arthritis
You can also do x rays or scans of your joints
The condition can be treated by corticosteroids which can help reduce pain and swelling.
So I would advise you to do the above-mentioned tests with your doctors advise to rule out psoriatic arthritis.
But I do not think you are suffering from this autoimmune disease condition.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Monish De, Oncologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes an itchy scalp
- What causes elbows to peel
- Have itchy scalp and skin seizures what is the cause
- Red and black spots near elbow what is the cause
- Cause of red sores around scalp line
- What causes red lines in creases of both elbows
- What causes brown patch skin on elbows and knees
- What causes red ulcers on the scalp
- What causes itchy scalp bumps
- What causes crusty elbows
- What causes acid reflux post normal upper endoscopy?
- Suggest treatment for stage 3 non small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer
- What causes chronic abdominal pain, nausea and fatigue?
- What causes swelling in armpit,collar bone ,face and hair loss?
- Suggest alternatives to chemotherapy for gall bladder cancer?
- Is esophogeal cancer a slow growing cancer?
- Suggest treatment plan when suffering with breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for melanoma
- What are symptoms of leukemia and lyphoma?