What causes itchy rashes on the body at night?
Rash possibly due to bed bug/ flea bites
Thank You for the query at HCM
I have gone through your query and seen the report attached
The rash you are experiencing is more typical of flea bites. It can also less commonly be due to bed bugs.
Chances are it is Flea bite if you have a pet at home. You may notice that your pet also shows itching.
Bed bugs live in your bedding, clothes, carpet, curtains etc. Fleas reside on your pet's hair and can multiply and spread to carpet.
Look for any bugs in your bedding, clothes, closet, carpet and pet very carefully
Wash all your clothes, bedding, pillow covers, towels, pillows etc in hot water and dry in the highest temperature dryer setting. Vacuum carpets and rugs every day. Cover and seal vacuum cleaner in a plastic bag after use, and keep outside your home. If you have pets, take them to the veterinarian. There are special shampoos available to get rid of fleas from pets.
Use sprays available to kill the bed bugs/ fleas in your house. Only use sprays that are safe for bedding on your beds.
If you are unable to locate the bugs/ rashes are still developing after trying above measures seek the help of professional exterminators.
You can also take cetirizine 10 mg and over the counter anti-itch creams at bedtime to help relieve rash and itching.
Hope I was able to help you
Please address further questions here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itchy lesions over the whole body
- What causes itchiness all over the body
- What cause the rashes all over the body and vomiting
- What causes cold and increased body temperature at night
- What causes itchy and inflammed rashes all over body
- What could be causing itchy hives on the body
- What can cause pain in body during nights
- What causes rashes on body after shingle shot
- What causes itchy rash on body
- What causes overnight rash on body
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...