What causes itchy, moderately painful rash in pectoral region?
This rash is very itchy and I have treated it with cortizone. If I leave it alone, it seems to go away quicker. Although it is topical, I worry that it is caused by an underlying problem below the skin.
The paragragh above was what I originally sent the Doctor. She responded, suggesting the problem might be a bacterial infection, possibly caused by a hair folicle. I'm not sure of how she exactly worded it, but she requested that I send a picture for further analysis. My question was closed out before I could send the picture, so I am sending it now. Actually, I don't see a place below to send a picture, so I am not sure what to do? I think it would be helpful to send a picture, so please instruct me as to how I could do that. Thank You
oral and local antibiotics advised
This is Dr.Albana again.
There is a policy of our service referring that the question is being closed automatically after 4 days.
I have finally received your reports and noted the pimples.
I advise to start taking :
- oral antibiotics
- apply iodine solution locally
- then antibiotic cream locally
Avoid using cortisone cream locally.
You might need prescription for that.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itchy painful rash tailbone
- Itchy painful rash on left side of torso shingles
- Painful rash causes
- Itchy painful rashes appeared on chest what is the disease
- Itchy painful rash near vagina
- Migratory itchy painful rash
- What causes painful rashes on neck
- Itchy painful rash on foot
- Painful rashes on genitals cause
- Itchy painful rash under breasts
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?